I'm embarking upon yet another weight-loss, healthy lifestyle adventure. I won't tell you which method I have chosen until it is successful, but this time around I really want it to work. It's one of the few ways out there that can teach you how to eat and manage your hunger cues.
Hunger cues? Yeah, I typically don't have those because I stuff them full of sugary and salty treats throughout the day in addition to my 3 squares. I was 18 years old before I even realized I was unaware of what it felt like to be hungry. Eighteen years old! And even now, ten years later, I know what it feels like to be hungry but I don't know what it's like to start feeling hungry. That's what gets me into trouble.
I'm one of those women who is suddenly bombarded by "full-fledged, low blood sugar, I'm so tired (read: hungry) I can't see straight, I got the shakes I'm so hungry" hunger. By the time I realize I am hungry I can hardly even think clearly enough to gather what I need to make a sandwich to calm the hungry beast within.
Why can't I have a little notice? Like maybe a little growl from the tummy that says, "I could use a little something down here: banana, apple, hamburger, something!"
So I hope this time around I can really get in tune with my body so I know what it feels like for me to need nourishment. There's no reason to eat like a toddler. Nas needs 3 squares and at least 2 snacks throughout the day, he's TWO! Of course his snacks include plain popcorn, cheese, cereal or graham crackers, nothing too salty or sugary like his ol' mom! But do I really need all of those calories to sustain me through the day? Probably not. So step number one for this week is to eat my meals and have fruit in between to keep me going. After all, I don't run marathons on a daily basis, I sure as heck don't do all-out housecleaning daily, so I could probably do without all of the extras.
Yesterday was Day 1, it went okay but it was very gradual because of course my body wants 20 meals a day. So today I push myself even further and you will be the first to see my Before (yikes!) and After pictures...give me until June, I did say gradual!
No comments:
Post a Comment