Wednesday, April 18, 2007

But In All Seriousness

There's so much going on in our world right now, even in our country, that sometimes I want to turn off the news, crank up some Beyonce and bust a move. Although my moves are nowhere near up to par (just ask Jay), music takes me to a place where nothing matters and I can stop taking myself so seriously.

When "Get Me Bodied" or "Ain't No Other Man" comes on in my living room the dirty dishes don't matter, Jay's homework can wait 10 minutes, Nas' sagging diaper will hold, and that "diet" of mine is the last thing on my mind. I just want to rock it out with my favorite little brown people. Babe looks at us like we're nuts, but he used to it, we've been shakin' it since Jay was kicking inside my womb...we were big J-Lo fans then ;)

Jay and I love to dance, but even Nas and his hilarious dance moves have gotten in on the end of the day dance party. He digs B' but likes to jump, spin and do his Happy Feet dance to "This is Why I'm Hot" and Usher's "Caught Up". Everybody in the house but Babe seems to enjoy the pure freedom music grants us...poor Babe.

Life can be hard, money can be tight and the kids can drive ya batty, but when you crank up your favorite tune it's impossible to think about how much you owe Xcel after the winter we suffered this past year, and I think about that insanity a LOT! If your family is healthy, you have food on the table, a roof over your head and a little down time for yourself...don't take it all so seriously. I'm guilty of it but I have a wonderful little girl in my life to remind me that when it gets tense, turn it up and DANCE!

No comments: