
My mom drank coffee like an addict when I was growing up. My sister and I were wise enough to know not to get too rambunctious before mom's first cup. My grandmother also drank coffee by the gallons, okay not really, but I grew up recognizing coffee breath.
Today I noticed just how much coffee I've been drinking and starting tomorrow I will get back on my water kick. My rule will be to ingest at least 24 ounces of water before having even a sip of coffee. No coffee at home, no coffee from Starbucks. Whether I need a jolt or not, water will make its way back into my body before the java does.
I love coffee. When it's hot I love iced coffee, when it's chilly out a nice tall caramel macchiato is a must-have. Lucky for me it's summer time and it's rare to have 60 degree rainy days like today in August! I make iced coffee at home and must master a technique before winter for hot coffee at home that isn't boring.
The basis for all things healthy is water, in my opinion. And I'm well on my way to a landfill for a body. But water's easy to do - until I need that comfy, cozy feeling that only a warm cup of coffee can provide.
No comments:
Post a Comment